Food industry deals worth $445m were announced globally in July 2022, with the $200m venture financing of FreshRealm being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 88.9% over the previous month of $4.02bn and a drop of 84.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.79bn.
In terms of the number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 69.66% with 27 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 89 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $361.43m in July 2022.
Food industry deals in July 2022: Top transactions
The top five deals accounted for 94.9% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $422.5m, against the overall value of $445m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cornerstone Institutional Investors’ $200m venture financing deal with FreshRealm
2) The $150m venture financing of Emergy Food by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cultivate Next, Grosvenor Food & AgTech, Revolution Growth and Wellington Management LLP
3) Premier Foods’ $52.5m acquisition of The Spice Tailor
4) The $14.92m venture financing of Xiamen Chenji Le Yaoju Food by Liangrun Fund Investments
5) Tenmaya Store’s $5.08m acquisition deal with Miyoshino Honten
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
The post Food industry deals in July 2022: GlobalData appeared first on My Blog.