Military Arrests Killers Of Owo Church Worshippers

Identities Of Owo Church Attackers Revealed [Full List]

The Defence Headquarters said the Nigerian military has arrested the attackers of St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, stated this on Tuesday during a media parley at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja.

Irabor disclosed that the attackers were arrested by the military in collaboration with other security agencies, adding that the terrorists would be made to face the full wrath of the law.

The Chief of Defence Staff added that the suspects would be paraded after the ongoing investigation had been concluded on the matter.

He said, “Within the last time we met, we have recorded remarkable achievement. Let me bring it to your notice that within the same period, there have been ignoble actions of men of the underworld that have impinged on our collective well-being, namely the unfortunate train attack, the attack on Kuje correctional center as well as what has been reported in the past the attack on the presidential convoy.

“Also, the Owo incident which was intended to bring man and women of the armed forces to present them in a form and shape that make it to look as if the nation is on a siege. We have arrested those behind the dastardly act in Owo.

“It was my intention to present them to the public, but because of the investigation still going on, I had to change my mind. I will like to say that in due course, the world will see them and others who are behind other daring attacks in the country.”

Naija News recalls that unknown gunmen on Sunday, June 5, invaded the Catholic church and killed at least 40 worshippers and injured many others.

Days after the sad incident, the Federal Government linked the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the terror attack in the ancient town.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, revealed this while addressing State House correspondents after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to the former Governor of Osun State, the federal government has located the terrorists responsible for the killing of worshippers in Owo.

In a swift reaction, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State refuted the claim that ISWAP was behind the terror attack, saying that there is no evidence that points to the terror group.

Also, the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemidisagreed with the federal government’s assertion.

This article was originally published on Naija News

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp

Before you read, Please Share the article.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Reddit
Telegram
WhatsApp