- Biodun Oyebanji, the Ekiti state governor has made and approved the appointments of eight aides in his cabinet
- Yinka Oyebode, the chief press secretary to the Governor, confirmed this development in a statement in Ado-Ekiti
- Oyebode noted that the appointments were made to give the new administration the desired solid foundation, and move the state forward
Governor Biodun Oyebanji of Ekiti state has approved the appointment of eight special advisers.
The chief press secretary to the Governor, Yinka Oyebode, confirmed this development through a statement in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.
Oyebanji appoints 8 Special Advisers for Ekiti, gives reason
According to Oyebode, the appointments were made to give the new administration the desired solid foundation and move the state forward, The Punch reported.
He explained that the new special advisers were of cabinet rank.
Oyebode gave the names of the new appointees as;
- Mr Niyi Adebayo, Budget, Economic Planning, and Performance Management;
- Mrs Tayo Adeola, Investment, Trade, and Industry.
- Ebenezer Boluwade, Agriculture and Food Security;
- Kofoworola Aderiye, Education, Science and Technology;
- Chief Jide Awe, Political and Inter-Party Affairs;
- Tope Ogunleye, Bureau of Special Project;
- Seun Fakuade, Governance, Reforms and Innovation; and
- Yinka Oyebode, Media and Strategy/Chief Press Secretary.
Oyebode said the governor urged the appointees to see their appointments as an opportunity to contribute their time, talent, and expertise to the overall development of the state.
He said they would be sworn in on Friday, November 18.
Oyebode also disclosed that General Ebenezer Ogundana had been re-appointed as Security Adviser to the Governor, with immediate effect.
Few months to end of his 1st tenure, Sanwo-Olu makes fresh appointment
The governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Thursday, September 8, made 11 new appointments in the Lagos State Public Service.
Confirming the appointments the Lagos State Head of Service, Hakeem Muri-Okunola said those who have been appointed into key positions in the state got them on merit.
Muri-Okunola in a statement said the governor appointed two new Tutors-General/Permanent Secretaries and nine Permanent Secretaries.
Biodun Oyebanji’s first message after winning Ekiti 2022 election
Earlier, TopLatestNews reported that shortly after INEC announced him as the winner of the governorship election in Ekiti state, Oyebanji made his first statement.
He released his first statement – in a few words – on his Facebook page on Sunday, June 19, shortly after he was announced the winner of the 2022 governorship election in Ekiti state.
Oyebanji thanked all the voters who landed him the winning position on Saturday, June 18.